Warcraft 3: Reforged gets 2GB patch
The bridge building begins on road to recovery.
News by Darren Cartledge
Published 7th February 2020
It has been a "hard week" for Blizzard, well according to president J. Allen Brack when talking about the mauling the real-time strategy remaster had recieved online. Speaking at a Blizzard financial call Brack said, "Concerning Warcraft 3: Reforged, honestly, it's been a bit of a hard week. Our community has come to expect really amazing things from us, and we've heard from them that we did not achieve that bar".
Brack also mentioned that the developers are going to stick with the game and as part of that process, Blizzard has released a patch that comes in just over 2GB to address some of the technical issues players have been experiencing.
Unfortunately, it doesn't address some of the more major issues players have had with the game, such as missing leadersboards and cutom campaigns, but Blizzard has stated these will return eventually in future patches.
The patch notes list the following changes:
- Players should no longer be met with a “defeat” screen after loading into a mission.
- Audio levels for some dialogue have been adjusted.
- The animations, triggers, and cameras for some cutscenes have been tweaked.
- Disconnecting or logging out will no longer change the save file folder.
- Fixed a number of issues that would block progression or not give credit for completing missions.
- Developer’s note: Updating a map for these types of fixes invalidates prior saves. This is similar to how replays from prior game client versions no longer work. Campaign progress will not be lost.
- Multiboards should no longer crash custom games.
- Joining lobbies for the same map no longer creates duplicate versions of the map.
- Developer’s note: This also resolves disconnects from improper map names.
- The rendering of Classic mode has been updated.
- Resolved an issue with hitching when constructing buildings or training units for the first time.
- Fixed Ziggurat upgrade animation in Reforged mode.
- Adjusted animations and portraits for multiple units and buildings.
- Units completing training while off-screen again have voices.
- Starting locations are again obscured by the fog of war.
- Whispers now include the name of the sender.
- Locale settings for audio and subtitles can now be adjusted independently in Battle .net prior to launching the game.
- Non-Latin glyphs no longer overlap.
- A tooltip now displays when hovering over truncated text.
- Chat keeps up with the latest messages.
- Heroes on the match results screen are now contained by boundaries.
- All menus are now distinct between Classic and Reforged graphic settings.
- Developer’s note: We’ve implemented a temporary solution to better inform whether you are playing in Reforged or Classic mode, by applying a sepia tone to the background images for Classic.
The launch of Reforged has certainly not been smooth for Blizzard with the company yesterday taking the unprecendented step of allowing refunds upon request. You can see what we thought of Warcraft 3: Reforged in our review. More on Warcraft III: Reforged >>
Go to comments (0)