Europa Universalis IV gets another expansion
Expansion will be accompanied by a major free update.
News by Paul Wilson
Published 3rd March 2020
Europa Universalis is getting yet another expansion! The latest one Emperor, will focus on and revitalise play for the Holy Roman Empire, the Papal State and other Catholic nations. It will also introduce greater management of a kingdom’s internal affairs.
A free update will accompany the new expansion for all players that includes a redrawn map of west and central Europe, Crown Lands, new ideas and a host of other major changes.
Features of Europa Universalis IV: Emperor include:
- A Powerful Pope: Appoint cardinals, publish Papal Bulls and gather tithes. The Vatican and Papal Controller now have new abilities to sway the souls of Christendom.
- New Holy Roman Empire Systems: Imperial Incidents provide new challenges to the Emperor's power and authority. Will your empire follow a course to a centralized monarchy or decentralized federation?.
- Revolutions Revamped: The spirit of Revolution is a contagion that must be either embraced or vigorously opposed. Use the guillotine and revolutionary guard to enforce the new way of thinking.
- The Hussite Faith: Bohemia has an early game chance to embrace heresy and stand alone against the Pope until The Reformation.
- Hegemonies: If you accomplish great feats, you should expect great rewards. Seize the mantle of honor for accumulating great wealth and armies.
- New Missions: Over 20 new unique mission trees for a variety of European nations
- Defender of Faith: With great responsibility comes great power. Earn more bonuses for defending a major religion than for defending a small one.
- The Council of Trent and Counter-Reformation: Join other Catholic rulers to slow down the spread of the Reformation by making concessions to the unruly mob or harshly imposing the will of God.
- Provoke Rebellions: Risk a larger rebellion now while you think you can manage it instead of waiting for discontent to take its course.
Check out this teaser trailer for the new expansion:
More on Europa Universalis IV >>
Go to comments (0)