Call of Duty Battle Royale detailed
Free for everyone and out tomorrow.
News by Paul Wilson
Published 9th March 2020
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare’s Battle Royale mode is out tomorrow, after a YouTube mishap earlier today prematurely leaked details.
Warzone sees up to 150 players take the role of a veteran Tier 1 Operator and drop in to the dense and sprawling world of Verdansk.You will be able to form squads of up to 3 players and play in two game types Battle Royale and Plunder. Battle Royale, as you would expect is a battle to the death. 150 players will enter and the squad left standing at the end wins.
In Plunder you have to collect the most in-match Cash by looting across the map, taking down enemies and stealing their Cash and by undertaking contracts.
Vehicles will play a part in both game modes to enable you to move around the map quickly, here’s what to expect:
- ATV – two seater, provides minimal protection, good at offroading, fast.
- Tactical Rover – four seater, provides minimal protection, solidly fast, solid at off-roading.
- SUV – four seater, provides good protection, medium speed, not ideal for off-roading.
- Cargo Truck – holds the squad plus equipment, excellent protection, not for off-roading, slowest.
- Helicopter – four seater, decent coverage, flies.
Warzone will also feature some unique additions such as "The Gulag" in Battle Royale mode. On your first elimination you will be taken as prisoner of warzone and thrown in a Gulag. Here you will watch players fight to the death in 1v1 battles in the hope of being redeployed, and then you’ll get your turn too.
More details on Call of Duty Warzone can be found here
, the game launches tomorrow March 10 at 8AM PDT / 3pm GMT Call of Duty: Modern Warfare owners, and launch a few hours later at 12PM PDT / 7pm GMT for everyone else.
More on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare >>
Go to comments (0)